A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, July 08, 2011

Shirt and Eyeball Updates

So - its Friday - we have had 4 days since the purchase of the Thunder Shirt for Emma and the discovery of ick in Phoebe's eye.

I am happy to report that on the eye front - seems to be pretty much over and done with.  I treated her 4 times a day with colloidal silver for 2 days and 2 times a day on the 3rd day.  No icky goop coming from the eye.  She also had a little scab right in front of her ear - I treated that as well and its gone too.

As for the Thunder Shirt - I actually think its working.  I have always had shirts, coats and hats for her since she was a puppy.  She also wears a bandana all the time so she is quite used to me futzing with her.  She still hides under the bed at times when it thunders but I have noticed she comes out when its over - used to be that she was firmly planted under the bed overnight.  She is in general calmer.  She has spent more time in the coat than out this week.  She likes it on.  So - we will keep working on it and see how things go.

Other critters have had a pretty quiet week....

No comments: