A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Emma's Haircut

Yes - the fluff ball did get her hair cut and it was a bit of an adventure.  I have to say - the dog is very cooperative when we do this - she sits patiently and lets me do what I need to do.  She doesn't love it but she is very good.

The adventure part of this haircut can be attributed to Miss Madison - my assistant groomer.  She decided it was important to play in the bathroom for the duration of the task.  She played with the cord, the dog, the cut off hair...ugh.  So - I turned off the clippers and set them on the floor so I could brush Emma before I continued clipping.  Little did I know - Miss Maddie decided it was important to play with the clippers, take the black plastic guard off and run with it to hide it in the hubs closet.

I grab the clippers to start cutting again and needless to say there are a couple of spots where the unguarded clippers cut her hair pretty close before I noticed the missing guard.  I blended as best I could with scissors.  Luckily her hair grows so stinking fast that in a few days you probably won't be able to tell.  I guess its not all that bad because the hubs couldn't spot it right away.

Anyway - the pup seems happier - she likes being shaved - makes her feel frisky.  I have retrieved the guard from the closet so I have it for next go around.

No comments: