A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vacation - Wildlife

There were tons of wild critters that we had the privilege of viewing while on vacation.  Some of them I managed to get on camera - some not.  Something interesting we did see when I didn't have my camera was a Piebald deer.  I had never seen one - actually never heard of one til I did a little poking around.  We were driving and a doe came out of the trees - she was a brown doe - same as we always see.  We slowed for her.  Behind her was a beautiful stag - he was young and he was colored in a way I have never seen before.  I found this drawing that kind of shows it.  His spots were much larger - almost like cow spots:


There were a gazillion bunnies, cardinals, wren, egrets and crazy fish jumping.  I am guessing there were snakes but thankfully we didn't witness any.  And then there were the herons:








No comments: