A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, July 08, 2013

Withdrawal

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore my little furries?  In case you were wondering - its a lot.  This morning I headed out early for a whirlwind business trip.  I will be gone all of about 80 hours....but wow - the prep necessary is crazy.

Emma got her stuff packed and she got shipped off to Grandma for a few days - she will get lots of attention, walks and treats.  Little critters and kitties will have to rough it with the hubs for a few days.  He does great with them but he works at the office and then some more when he gets home.  They are used to undivided attention multiple times during the day.

The sad thing for him is when he gets home to 4 wild ferrets.  They will have slept all day without me there to wake them and  entertain them to wear them out.  Good luck with that.  He will have to perform duties he doesn't normally do as well - Ollie's meds, Nigel's worms, etc.  Its good for him right?  Builds character....

I will be spending my 80 hours trying not to worry about them, and trying not to miss them.  I do love them and they know when something is up - Finn followed me all over this morning while I was getting ready to go and tried to get me to pick him up whenever I stopped for something.  Cute little devil.

No comments: