A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, November 08, 2013

Finn Update

My little Finney Finn is doing just super.  Since Monday when he had his vet visit his skin has drastically improved.  The antibiotic injection for the ear mites did not seem to upset his system at all.  He absolutely loves his oral antibiotic.  When I get out the syringe and dip it in the jar to get the liquid - he waits patiently. All I have to do is offer the syringe and he starts licking.  I squeeze slowly and he eats it up - seriously - easiest medication administration EVER.  :)

He does still scratch some when he wakes up - I have checked him to make sure no fleas are back in the mix.  Since we bombed the three rooms I haven't seen 1 on any of the critters.  So - if his scratching continues after his antibiotics are all gone I may take him in for another steroid shot.

All in all, he is feeling great!  Very playful and engaged.  Great appetite and he had a big drink of the probiotic water I made up for the ferrets this morning.


No comments: