A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Do I get a Frequent Visit Discount??

It looks like June may be a fairly vet intensive month....

Ollie will go back to follow up on his UTI and his thyroid levels.  Emma is going to get her bump looked at and potentially removed.  Baby ferrets and older ferrets will go along with Nigel to get their regular checkups.  I try to be really diligent about taking them when they are due - the little critters are little and can have things get really out of whack really fast so I try to stay on top of their visits.

In July and August most likely I will try to get the girl kitties in - Zoey first, then Aggie, then Phoebe.  Zoey because she has had a health scare in the last 18 months or so, then Aggie because she hasn't been in forever and then Phoebe because she was in most recently to get her lumps checked which thankfully turned out to be nothing.

June may afford us some away time.  I am okay with this because I have a new pet sitter - this will be awesome!  I hope to get an outside play area set up for the ferrets - but frankly - it has been so hot that outside for them has not even been a possibility - they get overheated quickly so you have to be careful.

Other than that - I look forward to spending time with my furries....

BTW - how the heck is it June already?

No comments: