A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

Well friends - I got nothin'.  It was freezing cold here today - really - like 12 degrees cold - ICK.  So - there were limited trips outdoors with the dog and no trips outdoors with the piglet.  I think everyone has a bit of cabin fever - the pig and the dog had all sort of little squabbles today.  They both have pent up energy.

I had a six ferret assist with bathroom chores and bed changing today - that's always exciting.

The kitties results for their blood work came back normal with the exception of Ollie and Zoey needing an adjustment of their thyroid meds.  All in all - much better than I anticipated.  Very thankful that Aggie is doing so well as she nears her 18th birthday.  Phoebe was all within normal ranges as well which is great.  Ollie and Zoey will like gain back the weight they have lost with the adjustment of their meds and I am optimistic that Oliver's heart murmur will subside once his levels are back in check as well.

Other than that really - I got nothin'.  Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting - I think the deep freeze may end which makes me more optimistic....

No comments: