A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Missing Finnegan

So, the one year anniversary of losing my baby boy ferret Finnegan came and went - November 3rd.  It feels like so much longer than a year since I have seen that sweet face.  I miss him every day and the sudden way he passed still haunts me a bit.

I know this is going to sound crazy but having Bash around has really helped ease the pain of losing Finn.  I have remarked several times since Bash became a part of our lives that he has Finney's soul in him somehow. Bash was born 2 days before Finn passed and I have had a recurring dream that Finn somehow found Bash's body as a new vehicle for his sweet little spirit.  I know - very deep and ethereal but comforting somehow.

Finn was a handsome, playful, sweet ferret.  He was litter mates with Violet, BFFs with Theo, and great friends with Maddie and Clooney.  It's interesting how your bond with each of your pets is so different and how the loss of each of them effects you in such different ways.  Losing Finn really broke my heart and it took me a long time to recover.  There was many a tear shed for many months following his death. Thankfully, now I am able to think of him with happy memories and it brings a smile to my face to think of him with Clooney and Harlow, Nigel and Isabel all playing together at the rainbow bridge....

I still think of him every day - his picture is there in the critter room and his memories continue to live in my heart.  Missing you my sweet Finney....


No comments: