Thursday, January 31, 2013
January was a pretty good critter month. No major health issues to report for any of the furries. Everyone seems pretty happy and content. Clooney has been squatting in Nigel's cage. Madison is going through a playful, affection filled phase. I am loving it! Nigel seems to be doing well. Whatever was ailing him last month seems to be over. I will continue to watch him closely. Kitties are good. Zoey and Ollie are going through a friendship phase and spend lots of time together. Phoebe is still loving her toys. We play fetch/catch every night. Aggie is great - spending more time hanging out with the humans and the other critters. Emma is well...for the most part she is being a pretty good girl. She is getting pretty hairy. Might be time for a haircut soon.
On to February....
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
This game is somewhat annoying and somewhat interesting as the was a time not all that long ago that Zoey wouldn't even let Oliver within five feet of her. Now the are crawling all over each other to get a better seat.
Monday, January 28, 2013
I found a total of 18 pens and 4 lids with no pens attached. She has been collecting for awhile and my guess is that there are other hidey holes that have additional pens in them. Funny.... Clooney always hoarded things that were shiny or made noise.
I took the regular ball points - I left her the ones with the grips - no point in taking away all her fun since she doesn't eat the rubber part - I found it discarded by the pile. I put the others in the almost empty pen drawer.
I bet the cycle will start again....
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Random snaps and random thoughts....
First the random thoughts:
First the random thoughts:
- I heard Nigel running on his wheel last night....this makes me happy!
- Clooney is not only sleeping on Nigel's heated bed but he is eating his food and using his litter box...I ordered Clooney his own heated bed so he can quit Goldilocks-ing in Nigel's cage
- Madison love company...we had people over for dinner and she climbed in laps and was the center of attention
- Hubs and I were discussing whether we should watch tv upstairs or downstairs. I said down he said up, down, no up...Emma was on the steps going up then down then up...she was happy when we decided
- Is it nuts that I sewed a quilt for my ferret? I had extra fabric from a baby gift and it reminded me of Clooney so a new quilt he gets...I will post pictures soon
And some random snaps:
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Friday, January 25, 2013
I hit the remnant bin at the fabric store and found this cute train material for $1.32. Nigel goes through multiple blankets each week. This one is too small to be a cage blanket but its perfect for when I get him out of the cage and let him snooze on the couch.
Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Alarm goes off - Kitties who aren't already on the bed come up for a visit. Madison comes up for a visit, as does Clooney. Cue ferret wrestling.
- Once I get up we all head for downstairs with a pop in to Nigel's room to check on the little critter.
- Downstairs - Clooney gets a rawhide stick which he promptly takes behind the sofa to eat. Maddie gets her Ferretone supplement, feeders are checked to make sure everyone has food and water. Emma is taken outside and then given her treat.
- Once I start working everyone tends to park downstairs - kitties on sofas and kitchen chairs, Maddie behind the cabinet in the laundry room, Emma in the entry way - only Clooney and Nigel are upstairs.
That's about how the morning ritual happens around here. Sometimes on lazy mornings we can stay in bed and everyone just hangs out with me. I love those mornings....
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
I guess she is feeling good - which makes me happy. Its been almost 16 months since her major health scare. My guess is that she doesn't have anything going on - no intestinal cancer or issues of any sort. I think whatever made her so sick was a foreign body that found its way out. I am so thankful that we opted not to go through with the surgery for her - she is doing so well and seems so happy. Love that orange girl.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Today was just a day. Not a good day or a bad day - just a day. It was just a day for the critters as well. No crazy stories, no funny tales, thankfully no sickness or injury...just a plain old day. Every now and then just a plain old day with nothing to report is kinda refreshing. Let's see what tomorrow has in store...
Monday, January 21, 2013
The other day - after cleaning out Nigel's cage - I noticed that his litter box was moved away from the side of the cage and his water bowl was in a bit of a different spot. I thought it was kinda funky because he had never moved that stuff before but I didn't really give it too much thought. Yesterday, however, I went in his room to check on him and low and behold Clooney was in his cage. INSIDE - geez. The cage is 4 feet tall and the door is halfway up the middle. Nigel didn't see to care - he was sleeping in his blanket all sprawled out and Clooney was happy snoozing on top of the pile of blankets. I got Clooney out and he went to bed in his chair.
Last night when I put Nigel to bed I closed his cage door. This morning when I got up - Clooney was in there again - not sure how he managed that but he was sleeping away. So - I opened the door and left him in there. I went back a bit later and he was sleeping in his chair again so I have determined he can get in and out on his own. I don't really care if he goes in there and Nigel doesn't seem to mind. I hope to catch him in the act of getting in so I can see how he does it.
I guess Nigel has a new part time roomie....