A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Blogging Hiatus

Gosh  - its been forever since I blogged.  I needed a bit of a hiatus I guess. This is the longest I have gone without blogging since I started in 2011.

Lots and not a lot has been happening around here. The humans have been far too busy as of late. The critters have been pretty status quo.

  • Emma is doing well. Having an older dog definitely has some challenges but we are fortunate that she is in good health and going strong.
  • As you probably know - the puppies (who aren't really puppies anymore - can you believe that they will be two in September?) are off to school. They come home on Friday, the 25th of May. I can't wait to get them home - I have missed them so much!!
  • Winston the pig is enjoying his dog vacation. He is doing fantastic - loving the warmer weather and the time outside.
  • Violet - the insulinoma ferret continues to do well!  She is bright, happy and active.
  • The rest of the ferret gang are all doing just great. They are all in the process of losing their winter coat and blubber and thinning out with less weight and thinner hair. All of them are full of energy.
  • The kitties are all doing just great as well. Aggie continues to do well at 22. Oliver and Phoebe seem to be quite stable on the hyperthyroid front and they are all happy and engaged and enjoying some time in the sun in their outside playspace.

I haven't checked the camera traps in a bit so I will make my way down there and find some good shots to share with you guys in the coming days. Additionally - I will provide a full report on what it's like with pups once we get them home.

June is busy - parties, visitors, vet visits for the pig and the ferrets - whew - there is always so much on the plate.

Hopefully I can get back on a more regular blogging schedule as well...fingers crossed!!

No comments: