A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Aviary Wishlist

Wouldn't it be amazing to have a giant bird aviary?  I would love it.  I would want big birds though (not Big Bird the muppet but big birds).  I would love to have pelicans - they are one of my favorites.  How about some lovely blue herons and some flamingos - oh and maybe a spoonbill or two?  We could have some little birds too - some finches and some doves and some cardinals....and a cockatoo - I love cockatoos!

The reality is - I likely will never have a bird.  It's not practical or safe to have them with ferrets and they are noisy and messy and they need lots of space.  But - its always fun to dream....its more practical than the tapir which is on my critter wish list...  :)


No comments: