A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Treasure Hunt

So - we went out to a movie yesterday leaving the critters home alone. We have been using the playpen to keep Madison downstairs but she really does love our bedroom. I shut all the doors upstairs except ours and decided to leave the gate open so she could go up if she wanted.  When we got home - she's not downstairs and she is not upstairs in our room....hmmmmm.... Come to find out - she is so little she fits under the office room door.  Little brat.  So after some searching we did find her.

There there is Nigel - who I left sleeping on our bed in his blanket.  This is not unusual and in the past he has never really strayed from his bed.  Well - tonight he had a big hedgehog adventure.  He got down off the bed and while I am not sure exactly where he went I found him pulling himself up the top step.  He was happy to see me and seemed very excited with himself. He also worked up quite an appetite because he went face down in his food bowl when I put him in his cage.  I have to say it was one of his cutest moments watching him pull himself up the step....

I am glad we found everyone safe and sound.....

No comments: