A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Button Lip

Phoebe has button lip again - its an allergic reaction to something - usually airborne.  Its technical name is eosinophillic granuloma complex.  I believe that this outbreak was directly related to the massive pollen drop we just endured here.  I am totally convinced she has seasonal allergies.  I treat her button lip with colloidal silver.  Luckily she likes it and will drink it for me with no issues.  I give her about a teaspoon in the morning and in the evening -  usually for 3 - 5 days.  This usually clears it right up.


If not - I can take her in to the vet for a steroid shot - haven't had to do this so far.  I think this is the third time she has had this.  I will keep an eye on her....



No comments: