A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Stinky - wow....

Ugh - PU - Nigel was a bit odoriferous today.  My guess is this is a result of his trip to the beach and bunking with his ferret siblings.  Regardless of the cause - the time for action was immediate.

We have graduated from using a few inches of water in the tub to having a shower.  Little dude likes this much better - I spray him down while he stands still - then he runs around for a bit and then makes his way back under the sprayer.  Once he is done investigating and think his quills and feet are clean I pick him and and flip him over so I can spray his belly.  He is not super thrilled about this part but he is very cooperative so I can't complain.  I set him back in the shower and he runs around while I get his towel.  Once I bend down and hold his towel up he runs right over so I can scoop him up and dry him off.

He loves to be dried off.  Not so much on the quills although he is very tolerant.  He loves to have his belly dried off.  Now he is snoozing in his towel - happy - and not stinky....

No comments: