A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Support vs In the Way

One thing I will say is that my guys are very intuitive.  This week is filled to max capacity with all sorts of things and the stress level around here is pretty darn high,  The critters definitely pick up on this and react.  As a result they are very clingy - wanting to hang out with mom to make sure everything is okay.  As I type - 2 ferrets, 4 cats and a dog on the bed.

Most of the time I appreciate their concern and yearning to be with me - but - there are times when they add to the stress by being under foot.  If you try to do anything they follow and stand around watching resulting in me hollering "MOVE".  It can be very frustrating.  Its a small price to pay though - talk about unconditional love and lots of it.  I am very lucky.....

No comments: