A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tummy issues

Clooney has an upset tummy today.  Who knows what the deal is with that - could be something he ate or his stress level or a touch of a virus.  I have watched him all day and luckily he has improved over the course of the day.  How do I know this you ask?

Well - parents of ferrets are poo experts.  Icky, I know but its the truth.  It is the main way to monitor the health of your ferrets.  So - without being too graphic - lets just say there has been improvements in that area over the course of the day.  This leads me to believe that perhaps it was a dietary thing.  I find that as Clooney has gotten older - he is four now and considered a sr ferret - this is a more frequent happening.  The good news is that he is just about back to normal so all is good.  I will continue to keep an eye on him just to be sure....

No comments: