A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Quick Updates

Life at the zoo is going pretty well - a few bumps along the road but for the most part - its all good.

Winston and Emma have been going with me to the mail box each afternoon.  If I go by myself it takes me about 10 minutes to walk down there and back - with them going with me all bets are off.  They refuse to listen and Winston wants to go wherever Emma goes.  Yesterday they went tromping through the woods.  I finally got them headed back to the house after about 25 minutes.  Little turds.

Winston's hoof issues are for the most part all done - he has just a tiny hint of a limp but for the most part he is going like gangbusters!

Emma has a gum issue going on - her mouth is a mess.  I am treating with colloidal silver and brushing her teeth with a peroxide rinse - it seems to be working pretty well - she is better today than yesterday.  We will play it by ear and see if things improve - otherwise - a trip to the vet....

Harlow continues to amaze me - she is so skinny but she just keeps on truckin' - she is happy and active. She is so playful - hoarding toys and investigating her surroundings.  Quality of life is still really good for her and I am enjoying every minute I have with her.  The rest of the ferret gang is enjoying her as well.  They all seem to be doing very well and they are the same wild and crazy bunch.

The kitties are also doing very well - happy and healthy and totally comfortable in their new surroundings.

All in all things are good - keeping a watchful eye on Emma and keeping my hands on Harlow every couple of hours to make sure she is getting enough nutrition and hydration.  I do love my furry bunch....


No comments: