A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

A New Spider - Beatrice

Last summer we so enjoyed Phyllis the writing spider who had her web on our back patio.  I am so excited to share that we have a new spider this year who has built her web down by the mailbox.  She is not afraid of people or dogs but is not a fan of the car when I stop to check the mail.

I am that crazy spider lady who has ordered some cones from Amazon so we can block her area from the landscapers so they don't mow her web.  I am also looking at 'solutions' for a hiding spot for her so she has a safe spot to be when the mailman delivers mail or when I check it.  I am leaning towards one of those tiny tupperware containers turned upside down and stuck to the bottom of the mailbox. We will see if anything works.

Very excited to have one of these lovely's around again this year - they are so fascinating to watch!

Welcome to the zoo Beatrice:




In case you were wondering - they are not poisonous and they eat lots of other bugs so they are considered a great asset to your garden.  I hope she sticks around....

No comments: