A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Friendship

Interesting things happened while at the lake....we have made some progress on the Clooney/Nigel friendship.  The boys spent lots of time together - sometimes in the confines of the pen and other times in the bedroom with a little more freedom to run around.

They spent lots of time sleeping - sharing the soft green Christmas blanket Nigel uses in his cage.  I don't know if Nigel realized that they were that close together - with just a piece of fleece between them.  Both the little ones are most active at night.  They spent lots of time interacting.


One episode - I could hear Nigel huffing and huffing.  Decided I needed to intervene.  So - into the bathroom I go to find Clooney has Nigel cornered where the toilet is.  Interesting thing is that Nigel was making lots of noise but no quills were up - he was in a very calm stance - I think they might have been playing.  I picked Nigel up to see if he was okay and his little legs were going a zillion miles an hour - he wanted down!  Put him down and he ran right back over to where Clooney was.

Not sure I would call them friends yet - but we did make some progress!!

No comments: