A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Dietary Refresh

Since I have been doing so much research for how we should approach whatever is going on with Zoey that I went down the path of looking at her nutrition.  I have decided that I will be changing all my babies (except Nigel) over to the raw diet.

I researched several brands and settled on Nature's Variety as its very highly rated and the pet store where I got Clooney carries everything I need.  In the past I haven't had an easy transition changing food for these guys - ummmm let's just say it was amazing how it went when I gave them a little sample.

I decided I needed to see if they liked this stuff before I bought a whole bunch.  I got a few cans of cat food, a bag of dry food for the kitties and raw meat patties that are frozen for Emma.  The cats were pushing each other out of the way to get to the dry food.  They LOVE it.  They also loved the canned.

For Emma I took a few of the small patties out of the freezer and let them thaw - she scarfed them up right away.



Today I will head over and pick up a bag of dry for Emma.

No comments: