A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Stories of the Day

Pear, Blueberry and Purple Carrot baby food.  Holy heck - I think it might be Winston's new favorite thing.  Each day I give him one pouch of organic baby food to supplement his fresh fruits and vegetables.   He is good about letting me hold a paper towel under his chin to catch the dribbles but today was a whole different animal.  He was so wild for the purple goop that he actually bit the pouch which squirted LOTS in his piggy mouth all at once.  Let's just say - wet cleanup on aisle 5.... I am glad he liked it so much!

To say that the kitties like the new outdoor play space would be a vast understatement!!!  It was open almost all day today and multiple times I found all three kitties lounging, napping, exploring....  I tried several times to get a picture but whenever they see me they immediately come inside so I have to be sneaky.  The ferrets love it as well but let's be honest - a ferret attention span is not all that long so they go out there and investigate, play, do their thing and then they are on to the next activity. Violet did curl up and take a short nap this afternoon.  I am happy that they like it!

As I type - I am happy to report that the pup just put herself to bed.  There is no baby gate keeping her in and we did not ask her to go to bed....I think she might like her new "room" - its really a quarter bath right off the master.  With the door open she can still hear and see us but its dark and quiet and it has her super fluffy bed in there.

Little critters are inside and put to bed,  Winston has gone out for his last potty break and has been tucked in.  It's time for the humans to settle in....


No comments: