A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Afraid of the Dark

The weather here has been dreamy - cooler and breezy.  To say the least - the little piglet (ha - all 85 pounds of him) is loving it outside.  Yesterday afternoon I had to run out and Winston did not want to come inside.  Since we have outdoor cameras to monitor I decided it would be okay to let him stay outside to play.

I checked in on him every 30 minutes or so - he was grazing, napping, hanging out in his tent, etc.  It was all good until I got delayed....I was gone far longer than I thought I would be.  The little bubby - well - he is afraid of the dark.  Don't tell him I told you - he would be embarrassed - he tries to be a tough pig.  He hates being outside in the dark and when we go out for the last potty break I have to go with him - he will not go by himself.

As the evening wore on I was getting more and more worried.  After a speedy drive home we walked in the door just as the last little bit of light was going.  He was so relieved to see us.  I got him in and fed him and then shortly after I went in to tuck him in.  He was so happy to snuggle and get some loves.  Poor little guy - I felt so guilty.  I am glad we made it home before it got too dark - the thought of him feeling scared makes me sad.  Yes - he is spoiled and I am over protective - isn't that how it should be.


No comments: