A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Recap of Our Week

Things around here have been busy!  I haven't been blogging or taking cute pictures - just running like a crazy person, having fun with my friend while she was visiting and getting lots done!

So - updates:

Winston - he did so well with his Auntie - he still tried to be a pink turd but she was having none of it.  It really goes to show that if someone takes a dominant stand with him he can be well behaved.  He has had some lovely cooler days so lots of outside time.  All in all - the piglet is doing just great.

Emma - she loves her Auntie as well and she got to see her grandma (my mom) and her pup Quincy as well.  She had lots of play time, attention and treats - spoiled pup!  She is tucked into her bed tonight and happy and worn out pup.

Kitties - All the kitties are doing just great - still needing to get them into the vet.  Soon I promise! Everyone is happy and healthy and doing well.  They have been enjoying the outside playspace.

Ferrets are doing great as well - just one small area of concern...  Miss Madison is having a bit of hair loss.  It's a fairly bare tummy and very thin on her sides.  I am kind of leaning towards a significant coat change - we had some major changes in the boys when they went from winter coats to summer coats.  It's that time of year again and I think (at least I am hopeful) that she is shedding her coat in prep for her winter coat.  I did, however, make her an appointment to see the vet on Tuesday.  There is a disease called Adrenal disease that is quite common in ferrets.  It can be treated with medication or surgically and is very treatable if caught early.  Seeing that Maddie just had a full blood workup about 7 weeks ago it would be very early.  Either way I just want to be sure.  I have to travel later in the month and I want to be sure she is fine so I don't have to worry even more than I already will....  I will keep you posted on what we find out.  She has none of the other symptoms of Adrenal disease so I am really hoping she is good to go....pet parenthood is hard sometimes.

So - this week has been great - critters enjoyed the extra attention!  Tomorrow it's back to work and back to our regular routines.  There is something kind of comfortable about that somehow.

No comments: