A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Latest and Greatest

So - there is not really much to report from our little zoo - and that's a good thing.  I am perfectly content with status quo because it means that everyone is doing well.

Puppies are great - they have had indoor time this week because it's been HOT and humid with a ridiculous heat index.  Not much swimming this week as it's a two person operation and the hubs was on business travel.  I think they are getting over their destructive phase - thank goodness.  And, I think they are liking their crates more and more - Juliett napped in hers today voluntarily.  Emma is doing just great as well - she always has indoor time - that dog hates outside.

Kitties are all doing well - they have such a cushy life I tell you.  They are sprawled out on comfy beds or sunning themselves in the outdoor playspace - must be rough....

The little weasels - they are all just fantastic.  Violet continues to thrive on her meds.  The rest of the gang are all active and doing just great.  I love that furry bunch of energy!

Winston wasn't too thrilled with me yesterday - his bed was to the point that I had to clean it out which meant his precious paper got thrown in the garbage.  He was outside, none the wiser.  He came in and had a cookie and then went to visit his bed.  I was in the laundry room folding clothes and he came back my way to give me some stank eye.  Lucky for me a new piece of packing paper came in an Amazon box today so I am forgiven.  Don't tell - but I ordered him a giant roll of paper for his birthday - and a new tent - spoiled piglet!

Like I said - not much to report here.  Looks like the next few days will be quite warm as well - I will have to get creative on how to keep the pups and the piggy entertained.  Wish me luck....

No comments: