A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Bed Cleanout = Piglet Nervous Breakdown...

Oh good lord - I just cleaned out Winston's bed, much to his dismay and disappointment.  I found all sorts of goodies in there - missing socks, one of my favorite t-shirts, part of the puppy Halloween costumes, etc. 

I try to do these chores while he is outdoors but it has been cold and with his eye thing he hasn't wanted to stay outside for long and I really wanted to get this one off my list of to-dos.  So - he tried everything he could think of, crying, blocking the door, attacking the broom, laying on the ripped up paper so I couldn't move it, stealing the garbage bag I was putting the paper in, making a hole in the bag to let the paper be free in his bed again....geez.

At last, I got the task done and got the first of his three loads of laundry out of the dryer.  This appeased him somewhat as he loves it when I do his laundry, especially if I use fabric softener.  I gave him two new pieces of brown paper and he is happily rebuilding his nest as I type...spoiled pig!!


No comments: