A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Piggy Squinty Eye

Usually, it's the kitty (Ollie) who suffers from the very technical squinty eye.  The last few days it has been the piglet who is experiencing eye discomfort.  It's hard to tell if it is something that got in his eye, or if it is a result of his seasonal allergies, but either way, he has been a bit uncomfortable.

He is good about letting me futz with him so long as he gets to check everything out before you do anything.  For instance - when I flush his eye he has to check out the syringe, put it in his mouth, smell it, etc.  I did flush his eye several times but it didn't seem to be doing much so I decided to use the veterinary eye ointment I have for the kitty.  I called the piggy vet and got approval and then let Winston check out the tube and smell the stuff before I stuck it in his eye.  It's working on two fronts - first, it is decreasing the swelling of the lids of his eyes which is great and second it is soothing his eyeball which he seems quite relieved about.

I will say I am quite fortunate that he is a willing patient.  Last night he let me pry his eye open with my fingers and make sure there was nothing in there.  I wanted to be sure there was not a foreign body and I also wanted to make sure that the swelling was not causing his eyelashes to rub against his eye.  He let me put the ointment on a q tip and put it on his eye as well - he is a very tolerant boy.

Today his eye is looking much better - still red, still swollen but he is able to open it a bit and I don't think it is hurting him at all.  Through all of his eye issues he has been fever free, had a great appetite and has been very active so I don't think he is ill - I think it is confined just to the eye.

As I type he has gone outside to explore and graze....hopefully he will be back to 100% in a couple of days.

2 comments:

thanida said...

thanks for these updates and information.it’s really a nice article as well as helpful.gclub

คนสวย2019 said...

ปรับรูปหน้าเรียว
ฉีดหน้าเรียว ลดริ้วรอย เป็น



ต้องการ



หน้าเรียวทำเป็น



ยังไง



หลายคน













อาจ







กำเนิด



ปัญหา





นี้
แล้วก็







การฉีดลดหน้าเรียวด้วยโบท็อกก็เป็นขั้นตอนการ











รักษาที่ทำเป็น



ง่าย โดยไม่ต้องผ่าตัด
สารารถยนต์



ช่วยลดลางเลือน



ริ้วรอยรวมทั้ง







ร่องลึกได้ภายในช่วงเวลา







รวดเร็วทันใจ







ได้ผล



การดูแลและรักษา





ที่น่าพอใจ



ละสร้างความแน่ใจ










ให้กับผู้มีปัญหาได้อย่างดีเยี่ยม


ฉีดหน้าเรียว ที่ไหนดี
ฉีดหน้าเรียว pantip
โบท็อก หน้าเรียว