A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Agatha the Shy Girl

Agatha - or Aggie as we call her - my shy girl.  She hails from Atlanta and is considered a trailer park chick as that is where she lived before she came home with me.  Aggie (along with the late great Isabel) were predecessors to my husband so he got the three of us as a package deal.  My mom actually named Aggie - not sure where she came up with the name.

Aggie is cautious and timid and she is very shy.  She's not a big fan of strangers and in general, change kinda freaks her out.  She gets stressed when you rearrange the furniture.  She is the one who gets picked on - chased by the dog, beat up on by Oliver so I think that may have something to do with the reason she is mean to Phoebe.  She is the observer of the family - pretty much always where you are but only watching.  Aggie is the self petting cat - hold out your hand and she will walk back and forth - no effort on your part is required.  She loved Isabel - they were together for 14 years and when Isabel passed I think it did have an impact on my sweet girl.  She would wander the house calling out for her friend.  Very sad.  Now - almost a year later she has really bonded more with Zoey and those two spend part of every day together curled up snoozing or bathing.  She has become a but more social with her humans as well - wanting more attention and even laying in laps which previously was highly unusual.  Still no progress on being picked up - she really is not a fan.



As I post these I am reminded that Aggie hates getting her picture taken - I don't have many pictures of her - I will be working on that.  She is now my oldest girl - the one who has traveled from Atlanta to Raleigh with me, the one who has been single and married with me - she is my happy, shy girl and we love her much.

No comments: