A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspirations for starting a blog....

Why would you start blog?  Will anyone read it?  Do you have anything to say - really?  These are all the questions I asked myself when I started contemplating starting my own blog.  The inspiration to finally take the plunge into the crazy world of blogging came from two very different and very unexpected sources.

The first - a friend from high school - someone I haven't talked to or seen in years who has two adorable little girls who like seeing my Facebook updates about my critters.  The second - a friend of a friend - someone I have never met who recently experienced a major medical event.  Her blog was posted by a mutual friend on Facebook and I have been reading the updates on her progress daily.  Her blog links to other blogs that link to other blogs - the tangled web is endless.  Perfect strangers posting interesting things about their lives, experiences, about whatever.  I figure I can post about whatever - I have lots of critters who are excessively entertaining and I am certainly not short on opinions - so there you have it - the makings of a blog.

So here we go - my first post.  Introductions to those most important in my life - my wonderful, kind, handsome hubby.
Since I am being a brave blogger and making this public to perfect strangers - in an effort to protect the privacy of the humans involved with this blog you will have to use your imagination.  Take my word for it - he's a keeper.  He is an entrepreneur who works far too hard.  He is kind and patient and he lets me keep seven critters which is a lot to ask.  Don't get me wrong - he loves them to pieces but there are some sacrifices one makes when sharing your abode with a bunch of furry friends.

The "children" - youngest to oldest:

Nigel the Hedgehog - our newest addition:
Clooney the Wonder Ferret:
Phoebe - the youngest kitty:
Oliver - the ornery boy kitty:
Emma - the beautiful Border Collie/Lab:
Zoey - my cranky orange girl:
Agatha - my shy black kitty:
That's them - my crazy beautiful family who brings me great joy, much laughter and many wonderful life lessons.  I hope you will tune in for future updates......

The Zookeeper

No comments: