A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Enjoying the Tent

I have looked at those canopy tents on and off over the years, thinking it would be nice to have one on our deck and then seeing the price and thinking maybe not.  Well - it just so happened that my parents have one of these said tents they are not using so they brought it over and the hubs and I put it up last night.  It looks kind of like this:



When we set it up it was way bigger than we expected - in fact we weren't sure it would actually fit on the deck.  Believe it or not - its perfect - it goes from the side of the house to the railing of the deck and stops right before the opening of the back door.  This morning I dragged out some things I have for outdoor dining and my mom and I cleaned up the furniture, got rid of the old barbecue and assembled the new one and got some plants in the planter.  

Here I sit on this rainy day with Zoey out here with me.  She is the outdoor lover and the best thing is she is totally trustworthy.  She has no desire to run - I think she knows she has it good..  I have already chased Oliver through the bushes.  He is grounded to indoors.  Aggie came out for a minute but didn't like the rain.  Phoebe won't even come to the door - change is scary.  I brought Miss Madison out her as well - she too figured out how to exit under the perimeter.  I think there is room for her playpen though so I will bring her and Clooney and Nigel out tomorrow morning for some outside time which they all love. Emma likes it out here but its raining which means she is under the bed. 

The tent is not completely water proof - I get a surprise drip drop every now and then.  Water collects over the frame so that has to be pushed off every few hours - although its not a big deal.  All in all I am super happy with it.  I look forward to critter time, dinner time, some work time and other kinds of time I am sure to think up enjoying the great outdoors.

No comments: