A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day from the zoo.  I can't help but wonder where the critter mommies who gave me my little gang are these days....  Madison's ferret mommy somewhere at Marshall Ferret Farm - my hope for her is she is done with her breeding duties and has been adopted to a fantastic home.  Clooney's ferret mommy from Peevy Valley Farm is most certainly done with her breeding contributions to the ferret world and I hope she too has a wonderful family who loves her very much.

Nigel's hedgehog mommy was adopted out shortly after I got Nigel from the shelter.  I hope she is well.  Kitty mommies - Phoebe's kitty mommy was a farm cat in Durham - I hope she is enjoying her later years chasing mice and loving farm life.  Oliver's kitty mommy is a mystery as he was a stray - wherever she is may she be happy and healthy and if she is gone I hope she has found my Isabel at the rainbow bridge.  Aggie's kitty mommy was a black trailer park kitty in Atlanta.  Since Aggie is pushing 14 I am not sure if her kitty mommy is still with us.  And Zoey's kitty mommy - in Colorado - I hope she is still around living the life of a CO farm kitty.  Emma's dog mommy Houdini - I hope she is doing well - I should check in on her to find out.

Thank you critter moms for birthing my brood - know that I am taking good care of them.  Thanks to my mommy as well for all the critter related help she provides in addition to everything else she does for me.

No comments: