A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dietary Struggles

So my 6 months of raw food is officially over - sort of.  When Zoey got so sick last October I did a ton of research on what diet the critters should be on.  I moved them to a raw food diet - canned and dry for the kitties, canned and dry for Emma, dry for the ferrets.

Emma did not do well on the food at all - so she went back to the Iams.  Kitties did okay - they love the canned but don't love the dry.  Clooney lost weight.  So in an effort to fatten the ferret up I resurrected the old Iams cat food - which he loves.  Can't keep the kitties out of it either so I am slowing moving everyone back to the Iams.  Kitties will remain on the canned raw food - 1/4 of a can for each of them each day.

Maybe its not the optimal diet for them its healthy and they love it.  I can deal with that I guess.

No comments: