A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, May 09, 2015

A Busy Week - the Recap - Part 2

Where did we leave off?  Yesterday I posted a partial recap of the week here.  In that post we covered Winston, the kitties and a few of the ferret - Bash, Theo, Kai and  Violet.  In this post we will cover Emma, Tabitha, Fiona, Madison and an update on how Harlow is doing since she came home from the vet.  Then if I have enough energy we may add some additional pictures in there - I have taken a bunch over the last couple of days so we will see how it goes.

Emma - she is doing quite well.  Her health seems fantastic.  I think she loves all the walking she has been doing.  She is BFFs with the pig so long as he doesn't try to steal her cookies.  She is also friends with the ferrets - she is a kind a patient pup letting them crawl all over her.


In the mornings when I get up to go and feed Winston his pig food Miss Emma jumps in my spot on the bed.  When I come back she always gives me this look - what - do you want me to move?  I am so comfy.  Silly dog!  She is a cutie though - don't you think?



Tabitha is doing fantastic - she is still quite independent and not a huge fan of being loved on.  Little Miss Tabs is getting a tiny bit pudgy - all that gravy - we might start limiting her intake.... in this picture she is eating Emma's dog food.  Hmmm - anyone see a pattern??  I do not thing that by any stretch she is over weight - and she was so tiny before that a bit of weight gain isn't all bad.



Fiona is doing well - she is quite the social butterfly and can be found playing with any one of her siblings!  




Madison is doing great as well.  She is BFFs with the unlikely pairing of Bash - so funny to see the largest and smallest ferrets play together.



And last but most definitely not least - Harlow:



Since she came home from the vet on Wednesday evening she has had an amazing appetite.  I am hand feeding her - sometimes with a syringe (3 x a day so I can measure how much goes in and other times just offering her a cup.  She is eating like a champ and has already gained about 40 grams.  Her energy level is returning a bit.  We let her out of her pen today to stretch her legs and she was pretty energetic - I would say that regardless of her diagnosis right now her quality of life is 8 - 9 which makes me happy.  She seemed happy today and I could tell she was feeling better.

Again I find that I have more pictures and more stories but quite frankly I am just too pooped to post them.  I will keep posting if you keep reading.  Let's shoot for another update tomorrow.  For now I am going to hit the sack....

No comments: