A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Month in Review

I can't believe that yet another month has whizzed by - how does this continue to happen??

Looking back on May - it was a bit of a tough month for us with Harlow's diagnosis and new level of care she needs.  Coming to grips with the fact that we may not have her for much longer makes me so very sad.  I am trying to guard against missing out on the other critter's days as well - Harlow takes a good bit of time and energy but I don't want to miss out on what's happening with the rest of the gang. Being quite the planner I have tried to put together a schedule so I can spend time with everyone and get all the things done I need to get done during the day.  Hopefully that will help.

So - if we look at cup half full - the rest of the zoo is doing so well.  Ferrets all seem happy and healthy. I have been watching them very carefully to make sure they do not show any hint of being ill.  Kitties are well, Emma and Winston are doing great.  I am so thankful for that!

We move into June with Harlow having more good days than bad - we will watch her closely to ensure her quality of life is good.  Winston and Emma will continue with outside time and walks respectively, kitties will continue lounging and basking and having their cushy life.  And...those little weasels will continue to make me smile and laugh.

It's 10 pm - I need to head in to the other room to try to get a few cc's of food into Miss Harlow.  Here's to a happy and healthy June for my sweet furry kids....

No comments: