A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, May 04, 2015

Rooting Box

Well my friends - I am writing about the rooting box but sadly there are no new pictures to share.  You see - my work day went from busy to totally crazy and there was no time to get the camera out.  I will say there was ample opportunity though.  The rooting box was quite popular!!  Winston probably spent a total of 3 - 3.5 hours playing in there today.  Sometimes I put little cookies in there that were small enough to fall between the rocks.  He had a great time finding them.  Sometimes he just got in there on his own and rooted around.  He also had some play time outside on the deck and a few minutes laying in the sun.  All in all I think it was a good day.

As for rooting on the carpet - we still have a ways to go - he got scolded several times today and told he needs to root in his box.  He gets it - he just wants his way....little stinker.  He is worn out tonight and has settled in to his bed.  We will head upstairs shortly....hopefully tomorrow will be a calmer day and I can get those pictures I promised....

No comments: