A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Time Change and Other Updates

So - I survived falling back - not happily but it is what it is I guess.  This year's time change has been much easier with Winston.  Last year was painful - he was up incredibly early for weeks after falling back.  This year hasn't been much of an adjustment.  He is getting me up about 6:30 for his cookies - he lounges in the laundry room (we call it his little room) until breakfast around 7:30 or 8:00.  Not sure why this year is different.  Perhaps its that he is getting a bit older and more mellow.  I'll take it what ever the reason.  Emma and the little ones are pretty much unaffected.  This zoo keeper is not happy about 5 pm darkness but I whine about it every year and it never changes!  :)

In other zoo news things are quite well.  The whole gang seems happy and healthy.  I am working through the deep clean of critter land slowly but surely - just a bit more to do.  I have been spending lots more time with the critters now that I am feeling so much better.  Still not at 100% but improving every day.

We have vet appointments coming up.... ferrets all go in for their 6 month checkups and everyone (except Madison who already got hers) will get the implant to proactively treat for adrenal disease.  That happens on the 21st.  On the 28th Oliver and Aggie go in for their blood work recheck - I think Oliver is doing well - gaining back some weight.  Aggie seems to be well also - no symptoms of kidney disease showing so fingers crossed it was just a fluky thing that her numbers were a bit out of whack.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone -  just a few weeks til Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it.  Time flies for sure!


No comments: