A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Saturday Follies

We are having a lovely Saturday here at the zoo.  I am still not back to 100% but I am feeling so much better.  Compared to the last couple of weeks today has been a flurry of activity.  I stopped by the vet's office to pick up refills for Ollie and Phoebe's thyroid medication.  I ran to Michael's, the pet store (be proud - I walked away from the two adorable ferrets in the bin) and I did a Costco run (on a Saturday no less).  I have also been working on a deep clean of critter land - it is pretty grubby down there after almost 3 weeks of the bare minimum.  I made some headway but I have to work in pretty short stints before I run out of steam.  It will take me couple of days but I will get through it!  I have my trusty helper Tabby - she is so sweet and sticks right by my side whenever I am doing chores.

As I type this - Emma is sacked out on the bedroom floor, Winston is laying in the grass sunbathing in the fall sun, the kitties are all hanging out in the outdoor playspace soaking up the warm sunny afternoon and the ferrets are snoozing in various ferret sleepy spots.  Everyone seems quite happy and like they are feeling good.  Whatever was bugging Ollie's tummy the other day has passed and he is his ornery self once again.  No complaints from here - well maybe one complaint - I hate falling back and am not looking forward to the time change....ICK!  Other than that - life is pretty blissful!

Hope your Saturday is fab!!

No comments: