A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekend Review

We needed a weekend where we didn't have much on the books and we got it.  The humans around here were tired!!

The critters had a pretty laid back weekend as well.  Winston spent some time outdoors but today was a wee bit chilly so he spent most of the afternoon indoors.  Emma has been hanging out - she is quite the independent pup.

The kitties and the ferrets are doing just great.  Kitties seem well - Oliver's weight is up a bit and I think Aggie's weight is down a bit.  This is all good.  As for the gang of ferrets - they are just fantastic!  Winter coats are coming in - Tabitha and Bash are incredibly fluffy at this stage.  The rest of them seem to be doing great on coat change and Madison is quickly catching up - so glad she is no longer the naked baby since its getting a bit chilly.

I slacked off on chores so at some point this week I have got to get into critter land to do a scrub down - its pretty grubby in there.  Tomorrow morning will be and adventure as I gather up the ferrets and take them to the vet for their 6 month check ups and their adrenal prevention implants.  I will take some photos of our trip!  Tomorrow also brings the arrival of my mom's pup - he is staying with us while she travels.  Emma will be happy as those two are old friends.

The week ahead is busy - full of grocery lists and Thanksgiving prep - thankfully I took the week off from work so I should be able to fit in some downtime as well.  There is a good book I am about half way through - maybe I will finish that up this week as well....

No comments: