A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

I'm Back - I Think

Wow.  Whatever ick that I caught - it seriously kicked my butt!  I think I am finally making my way back to the land of the living.  I am pretty much symptom free now - with the exception of the nagging cough but the Dr. says that is the normal course of events.  The big hurdle is trying to get my energy back.  I have been completely sapped. Each day is a bit better so hopefully soon I will be good to go.

Emma has been my constant companion throughout the ick - I was glad to have her company.  For the first part of the crud I had to steer clear of pigs and ferrets so I didn't share my germs.  I have been making up for lost time with them since I am no longer contagious.

Winston has been enjoying long days outdoors soaking up this beautiful fall weather.  He seems to be doing just great.  The ferrets are all doing well - active and happy.  Madison has lots of fuzzy new hair - her coat is coming in just great.  Kitties are doing well - although I think Ollie has a bit of an upset tummy this morning.  I will check in on him throughout the day.  The good news with him is that with the adjustment to his meds he is gaining some weight!  Woot!

All in all - the critters fared pretty well while I was under the weather.  Critter land needs a deep clean - I have been picking at it - not wanting to push too hard.  A relapse is out of the question....  Glad to be on the mend....

No comments: