A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Latest News

So - here's the latest and greatest.

1.  Violet just had her vet appointment - glucose number was amazing at 77!  Woot!!


2.  Crate training for the puppies continues to go well.  We have progressed to them going in when asked and me not having to give them any physical queues.  We also did a first today - into crates during the day so they were in their beds while I ran to the vet.  They likely would have been fine as I was only gone for an hour and a half but it was good practice.  They went in with no issues, didn't complain and were all sound asleep when I got home.  It's going very well!!

3.  I am officially ready to declare critter land CLEAN!!  Spring cleaning project finally wrapped up yesterday.  Don't get me wrong - there is always more that could be done - spots on the floors and baseboards I could go after with the scrub brush, outside windows that could be washed, etc.  But - for the most part the rooms are tidy and hygienic and I am pleased with the routine I have been keeping for the last week or so.  Critter laundry has also been done - that gets mixed reviews from the critters - some like it - some prefer their own stank.....

4.  Pups and piggy are outside - trying to keep them out as much as possible between rain showers.  It' is so hard to keep them entertained when they are stuck indoors.

That's about it for now - all is great here....  Happy Thursday!

No comments: