A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Under the Weather

My sweet Juliett is a bit under the weather today.  She woke up very early this morning and had a bit of an accident in her crate.  Thankfully she was very careful about not making a mess - she stayed out of it and clean up was easy and her bed is in the dryer.  She felt bad that she had an accident - I tried to reassure her that she wasn't in trouble.  I think she must have eaten something that disagreed with her.  I am not totally surprised since these pups have their mouths on everything!

She is eating and drinking and going potty so I don't think she is sick with an illness of any kind - just and upset tummy.  I made her some rice with chicken broth and let her eat as much as she wanted. She made a pretty big dent.  The other pups including Emma helped clean up the left overs.  I also gave her some Vetasyl which is veterinary grade fiber.  It's one of those magic things that works when critters are plugged up or too loose.

She took a long nap and when we went out for the latest potty break she only had to pee which is a good sign.  She had some lunch and a good sized drink and as I type this she is chewing on a bone.  I think she is feeling better.  As always, I will keep an eye on her and take her to the vet if something changes.


No comments: