A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Catching Up

Wow - it has been forever since I blogged.  Things have been so busy for both the humans and the critters!

Let's take a look back at August.  Geez - I can't believe it has already passed.  August had dog trainers, blood sugar scares and a new spider.


  • In regards to dog training - the puppies are doing well.  It would be lovely if I could find some more time to spend with them on training.  They respond well and love to please but carving out the patience and the time is challenging.
  • Violet had a bit of a blood sugar scare early in the month.  Since then she is doing just great. She is scheduled for her next glucose test this week.  Fingers crossed but I think she is doing well.
  • Beatrice the garden spider has relocated.  I am happy and sad.  She was in a very unsafe spot so I am glad she moved and now her web is more protected from the weather and birds and such. I don't get to see her every day but that's okay I guess.
All in all August was a pretty good critter month.  Critters are all happy and healthy!  I will take it.

Looking forward to September....I think it's more of the same.  I need to get my act in gear as the trainer is supposed to come back on the 16th - I need to make more progress with the puppies before she comes.  I need to schedule an appointment for Madison - she needs the implant for her adrenal disease updated soon.  We have lots happening in the month of October so I have to plan out some prep work so I don't get to the end of the month and then start the fire drill....I am good at that!  :)

Maybe September will be a better month for blogging...ugh....

No comments: