A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, September 22, 2017

Week In Review


It was a busy critter week - birthdays, glucose tests and a visitor....


Yes, my friends, that would be a snake in critter land.  UGH!  I am not a huge fan of snakes - not totally freaked out by them but not wanting one for the zoo.  This guy (maybe a girl but in my mind all snakes are boys for some reason) - a black snake - I think - was right by the door to the outside play space - I think that is how he got in as well.  Once I opened the door he slithered right out. There was no drama, he went slowly, not afraid.  The critters were totally uninterested in him - you would think cats and ferrets might care - they were sleeping and doing their thing - not a care in the world.  I believe he was a juvenile - not very big around - like the size of a magic marker - certainly not big enough to munch on any of my babies.  He was quite long though - I would guess he was a foot and a half long in total.  I was kind of creeped out the night it happened - hubs was out of town.  There were several trips to critter land, Winston's room, closets, etc doing snake checks.  I found nothing to indicate that there were any other snakes present.  I looked for him the next morning - no signs of a snake anywhere in the backyard so the pups and the pig were good to go outside.

Violet continues to do so well - we have been on this same dose of medication for almost 5 months now.  Knock on wood she will continue this pattern.

Puppies first birthday came and went.  As I type this they are laying on the bed with me being good dogs.  Emma is snoring on the bedroom floor - LOL.

Piglet is in his room - he has had his dinner and is playing with a new piece of paper - tearing it up so its just right in his bed.  Silly pig.

All in all, it has been a good week for the zoo!!


No comments: