A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Klingons


Maybe I should teach my guys to say tlhIngan maH! which is Klingon for We are Klingons.  Actually I don't mean that kind of Klingon - I mean the clingy kind of cling-on.  Wow have my guys been clingy lately.

Emma is always right there - how many times a day I tell her to move I have no idea.  Oliver comes to visit multiple times a day and he is persistent.  Phoebe - she is still in naughty mode and if you don't pay attention she does something bad to make sure you notice her.  Aggie has started a new thing - she heads your way and loudly hollers until petting happens.  And then there is Zoey.  In the last year or so she has decided she is no longer a grumpy cat but a lap cat instead.  This is so nice - except for the last few weeks she has been relentless.  If you are stationary for more than about 6 seconds she is on you.  UGH.

As for my littlest boys.  I find the older Clooney gets the more and more lovey he becomes.  He enjoys being petted more now than he ever has and he likes being picked up and loved on while he snoozes.  He is not particularly demanding of attention though.  Nigel - he is not demanding at all as hedgehogs are very solitary creatures.  He tolerates the loves I give - in some cases I think he even likes them - it depends on the day.

There could certainly be worse problems to have than overly affectionate kids so I am not complaining.  I am off to put the littlest one to bed.....

No comments: