A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath

Last night Nigel was too funny.  It was bath time so I put a couple of inches of water in the tub with the colloidal oatmeal.  I put him in to play and then decided that I would clean off his big blue wheel as well.  Nigel is usually very shy about running on his wheel when anyone is around - but last night he cracked me up.  I held the wheel but the base and dipped the top in the water.  When the little guy saw this he immediately ran over and got in his wheel and started running, splashing water everywhere.  He thought this was much fun!

I got the rag out and started scrubbing, all the while he was grabbing the rag in his mouth and playing tug of war.  Once I was done scrubbing I dipped the top of the wheel in the water and back into the wheel he went to help me rinse.  He had a blast!  He's almost as funny as Clooney when he makes the bed!

No comments: