A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Whole Year

I can't believe that its been a year this month since my sweet Isabel left us.  She was such a sweet girl and there are times when I think of her and still cry big tears.  How I miss her!  In her honor I thought I would dedicate the first post of June to her - my eldest girl.

I found her in the gutter in LA at the apartment complex where I was living.  She was only hours old and I wasn't quite sure what she was - only that she needed help.  Into the house and onto the heating pad.  Water with an eye dropper.  Off to the vet we went - it's a kitty.  I hand fed her for months and months and finally she was able to eat and drink on her own.

Isabel was my only critter who lived with me in all of my places - CA, CO, GA and NC.  She adored my husband and was very tolerant of the 6 additions who came into the family after her.  Did I mention that I miss her?

Here are some pics I found of my girl.....




After Isabel passed we made a lovely memorial area for her - its called a Durantha - it puts on small purple flowers and its affectionately known as Isabel's plant around here:




My goal for this month is to resuscitate old computers and retrieve old pictures of critters, trips and humans.  Wish me luck.  As I find oldies of the sweet Isabel I will add another post.  I miss you my sweet girl.

No comments: