A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, March 05, 2012

Hedgehog Injury

I am the worst hedgehog mommy ever.  Poor little Nigel....last night I was trying to clip his back nails and he moved right when I squeezed so I cut way too close.  He mad a little screechy noise and proceeded to bleed for what seemed like 6 days but was more like 45 mins.  I went on line to see what I should do and found that cornstarch will stop the bleeding.  It actually worked pretty well.  He seems okay - not limping or favoring his foot.  But it doesn't look great either - poor baby.  I feel so terrible for hurting him.  I hope he is okay - I will keep an eye on it today and if I think he needs to be vetted I will take him in.  UGH!


No comments: