A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ferret Adventures

Yesterday I built a new table for my office - with a seven ferret assist.  Oh good lord - what an adventure....

First - the ferrets love boxes, bags, packaging of any kind so as you are unpacking table parts you have to guard against them stealing items from your boxes.  As you unwrap each item you have to poke holes in the plastic bags because the ferrets love to play in there and sleep in there - we don't want any suffocating weasels....

They are fascinated with any sort of tools so as you use the screwdriver, the drill, the wrench you typically have seven little faces right in your line of sight.  They want to know what you are doing.  When I use the drill there are ferrets on back feet with front feet on the drill "helping" me.  They lay on the parts you need, steal the hardware and climb on you while you are working.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

It takes me about three times as long as it should but its worth it.  They have so much fun and honestly so do I.

No comments: