A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

25 Random Thoughts

1. Ferrets make me laugh - so do hedgehogs that nuzzle my neck.
2. Emma may be just a tiny bit neurotic but when she is not with me I so miss her.
3. Madison loves her grandma (my mom) - they play and play together.
4. Everyone in the household that is a critter loves junky cat food - I imagine this is what human parents go through trying to keep the kids out of the chips and soda.
5. Nigel is less afraid of Madison - he almost lets her hang out with him with no huffing - almost.
6. Clooney and Madison are getting along better.
7.  The critters were sad that the glass walls got installed in the shower - they loved playing in the open concept bathroom.
8. Aggie loves to pick on Phoebe - especially pouncing on her when she is sleeping - Phoebe is not a fan.
9. Zoey is full of piss and vinegar - it makes me happy - I don't think she is sick.
10. Oliver is too smart for his own good - I am glad he has no thumbs or he might commit crimes...  :)
11. I sent a picture of Nigel to his namesake - I never heard back....  maybe I should try the same with Clooney
12. Time goes too fast - critter life spans are too short - I try to enjoy them and engage each of them every day
13. People say critters don't understand English - that they understand inflection - I think they understand both
14. If I won a gazillion dollars in the lottery I would start an animal rescue - I would rescue all kinds of critters and care for them - probably wouldn't adopt them out though because in my vast experience I have found that a high majority of people suck at caring for critters....
15. I can't watch the commercials by the Humane Society - I give them money, I give them time - I can't watch....sorry
16.  I think the baby lizards on my porch are too cute
17.  I wish the baby lizards liked to eat ants - I don't find the ants on my porch particularly cute.
18.  I try not to kill bugs - if they are inside I take them out - all except ants - they are on my shit list.
19.  Critters not on my wish list - snakes, bunnies (make me sneeze), horses (make me sneeze) - hmm that might be it.
20.  If it meant that a critter like a snake, horse or bunny could be saved - I would sneeze for them or get over not loving snakes (maybe)
21.  I think you should be able to deduct your critters as dependents.
22.  Why do kitties have to lay ON you?  By you simply won't do....
23.  I would love to get a bird - they are noisy though
24.  I would love to have a chinchilla but they get stressed by ferrets so I probably will never have one as I can't imagine my days without a ferret.
25.  I miss Isabel - crazy cat....

No comments: