A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, October 14, 2013

The Stories of the Day

There are always stories - with 11 furries - there is always some sort of shenanigan happening.  Today:

1.  Grocery hoarding.  It happens frequently.  The ferrets love to take things out of bags - mushrooms are a favorite for all the ferrets.  Theo seems to like just about anything.  Last week he drug a large bag of clementine oranges into the bathroom.  Today I caught him stealing a package of whole wheat pitas.  He pouted when I took them away...silly boy.

2.  I paid some time to the treadmill today - it was more fun for sure when little Miss Madison got on board and ran along side me - I wasn't going very fast but 2.2 mph is fast for those tiny little ferret legs.  She is too cute.

3.  Theo likes yogurt - which seems odd but Violet likes yogurt covered pretzels so I guess maybe not.  He got in the dishwasher and proceeded to lick a bowl that had a bit of yogurt sauce we made for a dinner later this week.

4.  Emma makes me crazy - she is afraid of walking on the hardwood floors so we put down rugs.  In her obsessive need to scratch on the carpet she wads up the rugs and then is stuck on a rug island.  UGH - so annoying...

5.  Clooney has been hanging out with me all day - I love it.  He has slept on the bed while I worked - curled up on a towel on the side of the tub while I soaked and followed me around to hang out wherever I go.  I love days like this...they don't happen with him all that often.  And yes - I did already give him his stick and his ferretone....

No comments: