A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Daredevil Nigel

I had Nigel out of his cage all day - napping in his favorite cubby on the cat tree.  About 7:30 I went up to get him to put him to bed in his cage thinking he might be hungry.  He greeted me at the bedroom door. Crazy little daredevil made it off the cat tree by himself.  He has done this before so I wasn't totally surprised but wow - it must be close to 4 feet high.

I have never witnessed him exiting the tree but I have read that the easiest and most natural way down for a hedgie is to curl up in a ball and free fall.  It makes me feel better to think the takes the ramps down as far as he can go and then does that...yeah...let's go with that.

He was no worse for the wear - happy and running around.  He had a big drink and a snack of cat food and dog food and headed back into the bedroom for more adventures.  I put the baby gate up so he only has access to our room and the hallway.  He loves a night out now and then....


No comments: